Sunday, March 13, 2011

selection tool

For this assignment we had to use different selection tools (lasso, magnetic, quick selection, magic wand, etc.) to select a subject. Once our subject was selected we would save the selection then turn the rest of the image black and white but leave our selection colored. This created am emphasis on our subject because it was the only thing in color.




For this photo I used the magnetic selection tool to select the main subject of the two crocs.









For this photo I used the quick selection tool and magic wand to select her headband.




This assignment went very well. I thought it was really fun to learn how to use the selection tools and create this emphasis on a subject that the black and white with some color resulted in. The most difficult part for me was trying to figure out what selection tool worked the best for each photo, but after I found a selection tool everything went very smooth and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment