Wednesday, April 13, 2011

text + image


For this assignment we worked on adding text to our theme images. In order to do this we first edited our image in photoshop with color adjustments and all the usual enhancements. (I made my photo black and white and added a slight vigette.) After we were satisfied with our editing we added the image to a print document in adobe illustrator and added text. There are a lot of ways to add text but I used the type on path tool. To do this, on a new layer I drew a line with the pencil tool then switched to the type on path tool and started typing. Once my text was all typed out I would use the white mouse to grab ahold of certain anchor points and move them around to edit my line more.


This assignment went really well for me. I enjoyed taking the pictures a lot and found it really fun being able to personalize it by adding text that related to the meaning. I actually didn't have to many difficulties during it except for trying to come up with ideas for the placement of my text. After try8ig different spots I finally was satisfied with my final placement. The easiest part for me was the beginning adjustments before adding text, like turning it black and white and using a vignette.


No comments:

Post a Comment